Crafting a compelling business brochure cover is no longer an option for ambitious business owners – getting it right is a must!
According to the Global Association of the Expo Industry, 95 percent of trade show attendees request brochures or other literature from exhibitors. And unfortunately, 65% of that literature is promptly discarded.
The most important way to prevent your brochure from landing in the rubbish bin is to design an eye-catching brochure cover that attracts, educates and motivates prospects. Below is a look at the top characteristics of a captivating brochure cover and the steps you can take to design a cover that converts.
Why is the cover of your business brochure important?
1) A great cover attracts time-starved prospects
2) Brochure covers are King
A cover often determines a brochure’s future.
Prospects will often base their decision to pick up your brochure on their reaction to the cover. Without an eye-catching brochure design, prospects will be less likely to take your brochure and even less likely to open it later.
A compelling, professional business brochure cover will quickly attract prospects and stimulate their curiosity to learn more about your products and services.
3) Prospects make assumptions about the rest of your brochure
4) A great cover can stimulate sales
What happens if you fail to produce a captivating brochure cover?
Poor ROI: There is more to preparing a business brochure than meets the eye. In addition to printing costs, you must account for costs related to content creation, graphic design and distribution.
Lost sales: When your cover fails to impress and your brochure lands unread in the rubbish bin, you lose out on sales opportunities that you may have been able to close if your target audience was motivated to learn more about your business.
A tarnished reputation: An unprofessional looking brochure cover can negatively impact your industry reputation and prospects may assume that that the poorly produced brochure reflects your ability to deliver professional products or services.
What are the top characteristics of a captivating sales brochure cover?
- Persuasive: Your cover must convince prospects that reading further or investing in your products will provide a benefit or solve a problem they have.
- Engaging: Designing a five-star cover provides a clear understanding of your target customers needs. You must relate to your prospects and pull them in from the outset.
- Emotion-evoking: Using words such as save, new, and discover is an effective way to stimulate an emotive reaction from potential customers.
- Informative: You might be contending with limited space, but it is important that your cover illustrates how your product will solve their problems or improve their life.
- Organised: A well-planned layout with a single clear message and strategically selected images will delight your target audience. Avoiding conflicting messages will ensure your message or offer is crystal clear.
Follow these 7 steps for a sure fire way to boost your sales.
1) Thoroughly understand your audience
2) Keep AIDA in mind at all times
– Janet Attard, Founder and CEO of Business Know-How’
3) Do not lose sight of your objectives
4) Use imagery to convey your message
5) Make your cover unique
6) Remember that it is a brochure cover, not a book
– Igor Ovsyannykov, Owner of Inspirationfeed
7) Seek feedback before finalising your cover
- “Does the cover have a clear, concise message?”
- “Based on your response to the proposed cover, how likely would you be to want to open the brochure to learn more about our business?”
- “Does the cover create a memorable and motivating first impression?”
- “Does the cover look look professional?”
- “Is the content on the cover easy to see and digest?”
What is the single best path to a stellar sales brochure cover?
Contact us today to arrange a complimentary consultation with a brochure expert at our design studio to help you create an effective sales driver for your business.